Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday April 20, 2008

Sorry, for some reason I can't get the pictures to download. I will try again in the morning or after we arrive at our next destination. We leave in the morning at 6:00 am for Guanzhou. Today we just hung around in our area for the morning because of the rain. Then we went out and walked quite a bit further than usuall. We found the Shanxi Grand Hotel which is not far from our hotel the Yuyuan. Then to the park so Davis could walk around. So many people stare at us it is funny and we just laugh. Last night at dinner, two men were walking and looking at us that they ran right into each other. One of the men got mad at the other. Sometimes it looks like people will get whiplash from turning so quick to look back, to make sure they in fact did see what they thought. Then it happend again today. There are so many people on bikes, small motorcycles and electric scooters you won't beleive it. Hundreds every dayday. We were walking along with the stroller and two people were passing each other on the scooters, they were looking at Davis and hit each other. Bang! Head on. The guy hurt his hand. I wouldn't doubt it if it was broken. The girl looked like she didn't know what to do. We stopped, but there wasn't anything we could do. If they had only been paying attention and not staring at us. That is the way it is everyday. The people here are very interrested in knowing what we are doing with a Chinese boy. They are a very curious people. They will walk right up and start asking in Chinese (like we know what they are saying) why we have him. We can always find someone to explain in English. We just start asking people passing by if they speak English and we always find someone to help explain. By that time we have drawn a crowd. Hope the couple that wrecked are okay. Well hopefully we have pictures tomorrow. Check back.

3 comments:

Daffney Lauren said...

hahaha, I would have loved to see that. People watching and people getting hurt while I am people watching are my favorite past times.

dawnie said...

David & Cindi,

Mom will leave your car pick up info on your cell phone. So check your cell phone messages once you land in Detroit.

I cry everyday when I read your blogs. I am so happy for you guys!
I can't wait for you to come home so I can talk to you!!!

love you,
dawnie

Carol said...

well I'm sorry, but what was the reason they have to stare so hard? Good gravy they should be used to international adoption by now!! We had this horrible lady follow us in the mall in China and I know she was cursing us, but we didn't know what she was saying....

Hope you are doing better today...