Monday, April 21, 2008

April 22, 2008

We have made it to Guangzhou, pronounced Gwan (rhymes with wand) Joe. GwanJoe. When we landed at the airport, they have construction work going on and we had to walk down some steep steps off the airplane. I had the diaper bag and holding Davis. I thought for sure we were both going to fall down those steps. Then we had to board a bus that took us to the entrance to get our luggage. There were hardly any places to sit. You had to hold on to straps above your head. A woman told me to sit in a seat in the back of the bus, and when I went to sit down with Davis, the bus took off causing both of us fall. I fell backwards still holding Davis and my back hit some steps. Why there were steps in a bus I don't know. I thought for sure Davis was going to get his head hit hard. As the bus was going along, all these people were trying to help me up. When we finally stopped and we got off, David gave that driver a piece of his mind. The things that happen to me! We are now at the White Swan Hotel. It is very nice. The pictures below are the latest ones. It has been very hard to upload until now. We have had Daivs' medical checkup and the paper work for the Consulate is also finished. Yea!! I will try again tonight for more pictures.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Holy Cow! How are you feeling today?

Thank goodness you have made it to the White Swan...the rest of the trip is just waiting for the final, final, final stuff, and then you get to go HOME!!!!!!

Enjoy the end of your trip!!!